We are a workers cooperative striving:
- to create labour models that redistribute profits from the games industry towards gameand interctive media artists
- to support queer and marginalized people creating games independantly
- to foster a positive, open and mutually supportive community of collaborators
- Work with artists and arts organizations to build experimental interactive media art.
- Act as an ethical extension to games studios in need of project based teams.
- Reduce the inherent precarity of short-term project contracts.
- Build and support open source tooling used by the studio and our community.
- Fund and publish collaborative, Damage-led projects.
- Web design + development
- Narrative design
- 3D modelling
- Game development
- Create a network in which the labour of the DMG community supports us individually and collectively.
- Empower free creation within our community.
- Support artists and game-makers independantly allocating their time between personal creation and economic need.
- Create opportunities for game, art, and interactive media communities to collaborate with each other and learn through doing.
- Offer education to new game makers via hands-on work experience.
- Foster a worker-centric culture of equitable games and interactive media production.
- Encourage approachable, experimental, interactive technology development within the arts sector.
We're looking for collaborators to build our vision
This is only the beginning. We want to create a distributed cooperative which is built with current and future members, industry partners + those interested in learning from our process. Be involved in the building and launching of Damage Studios.
- Game-art workers